Friday, July 6, 2012

Bankruptcy Filings Are Down!

             In the numerous articles I read regarding Bankruptcy I have noticed a theme in the past few days.  The theme is that bankruptcy filings are down.  Depending on the article, they reported that Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 bankruptcy filings were down 12%-14% and back to pre-2008 levels.  This is great news!  Hopefully it means that we are finally coming out of this recession (I know we technically came out of the recession some time ago, but it sure hasn't felt like that in Central Indiana of late).

           In my bankruptcy law practice in Carmel, Indiana, I must say that I have not seen much of a slow down in Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 bankruptcy filings.  And I know that when a person is struggling with his or her own debt that no news articles about bankruptcy going down are going to make them feel any better.  The fact is that financial stress is a great burden on any person.  As a result, I urge any person reading this blog who simply cannot seem to get themselves out of debt and is feeling hopeless to make an appointment to meet with a bankruptcy attorney.  Most bankruptcy attorneys, including myself, will not charge anything for an initial consultation.  At an initial consultation I listen to your story, speak with you about your income, expenses, assets and debt and make a recommendation regarding whether or not I believe you could benefit from the filing of a bankruptcy.  Many people that come in to meet with me are surprised if I tell them that I don't think they are at a point where they need to file for bankruptcy protection.  They assume that since I make a living filing bankruptcy petitions for folks that I have one goal.....to file a bankruptcy.

         The fact is that I truly enjoy taking financial stress off of people.  Sometimes that will be through the filing of a bankruptcy petition, but other times it is through helping the people come up with a plan to get out of debt, cut expenses, make extra income, etc.  When the people I meet with leave my office they may or may not have decided to file bankruptcy, but they are always armed with the information necessary to make that decision.  I meet with potential clients personally and do not sit them in front of a video for an explanation of bankruptcy or have them meet with a paralegal or legal assistant.  I know that each person's situation is different and that he or she may have different questions.  I try to give each of my clients personal attention and be available then and down the road for questions.

        I have seen first-hand through the filing of bankruptcy by an immediate family member that it is stressful, scary, embarrassing and humbling to have financial problems.  I will do all that I can to help.  If you live in the Indianapolis area including Carmel, Fishers, Noblesville, Tipton, Kokomo, Zionsville or Westfield and are contemplating filing a bankruptcy I am more than happy to meet with you.  Please call me at 317-575-8222 to schedule your free consultation at our Carmel offices or click here and we will contact you for an appointment time.


Halcomb Singler, LLP, is a debt relief agency.  It helps people file for bankruptcy under the bankruptcy code.  No attorney-client relationship with the firm of Halcomb Singler, LLP, is created through this blog. Also, please note that Erika Singler is an attorney licensed in Indiana and does not seek to practice law in any jurisdiction in which they are not properly authorized to do so.  The information contained in this blog is general in nature and should not be relied upon for the circumstances of any individual(s) or businesses. 


1 comment:

  1. Hello there! I'll be looking forward to visit your page again and for your other posts as well. Glad to have a chance to drop by and learn additional information about this particular topic from your blog. Keep up the good work! Thank you so much for sharing your knowledge about bankruptcy. You have an interesting and very informative page.
    In addition to that, I remembered reading another article about bankruptcy that states that after the increase in 2005 and 2006 the figures have remained stable.
    Bankruptcy filing under Chapter 13 is more complicated. The process is longer, and there is a great deal of personal responsibility for debt relief. Experienced bankruptcy lawyer Theodore S. Collatos can guide you through this process will make your filing much easier to manage.

    Bankruptcy Lawyer Lynn MA

    ReplyDelete